Monday, May 29, 2006

The Father is With Me May 29

Piety

Jesus, how are you testing me today?

You tell us that in the world we will have trouble. As you have conquered the world, help me to conquer those temptations that the world lays at my doorstep, in my heart and in my mind. Help me not to be a prisoner of these desires that want me to turn away from you. No matter the test, in faith I know that you are at my side.

Be also with those who don’t walk with you today. We pray that you will be reunited with them as you were reunited with the disciples in Galilee after the resurrection. Bring them and all of us through the fire to the faith so that in you, we will have peace. Amen.

Study
http://www.usccb.org/nab/052906.shtml

“I am not alone, because the Father is with me.” John 16:32

There is nothing in life, not even its end, which we do alone. God wants to be a part of this journey. In fact, God is a part of this journey whether we realize it or not. Even though God is at our side, in this last week of the Easter season, Jesus tells us that those who believe will be tested. This fulfills the prophecy of Zechariah 13:7-9.

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who is my associate, says the LORD of hosts. Strike the shepherd that the sheep may be dispersed, and I will turn my hand against the little ones. In all the land, says the LORD, two thirds of them shall be cut off and perish, and one third shall be left. I will bring the one third through fire, and I will refine them as silver is refined, and I will test them as gold is tested. They shall call upon my name, and I will hear them. I will say, "They are my people," and they shall say, "The LORD is my God."

Action

In today’s Responsorial, Psalm 68 reminds us that, “The father of orphans and the defender of widows is God in his holy dwelling. God gives a home to the forsaken; he leads forth prisoners to prosperity.”

Where is God’s holy dwelling? In us. In you. In me. We are his “holy dwelling.” God needs us to care for the orphans and widows, the forsaken and the prisoners through the actions we are compelled to fulfill through our Christian faith and our Cursillo mission.

God is testing us to see how well we do this. How will you fulfill this call to mission this week? Today, we have a chance to offer comfort to the forsaken.

As Jesus died to conquer the world of sin, he called out “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Remember all the children of God who died and those who lost a loved one in the ravages of war and terrorism. They did not die alone. They are among the forsaken whom we remember today Memorial Day, May 29, 2006.

1 comment:

George Leite said...

thank you for telling me about this site. What a wonderful job. I'd like to share this with the listeners of the Going Fourth Podcast about Cursillo. Or maybe you could come on the show and tell everyone about it.

DeColores,
George Leite