Sunday, April 25, 2021

The “WORD” to Build on by Sam Miller

The “WORD” to Build on by Sam Miller

Fourth Sunday of Easter      

                                        

“He is the stone rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. There is no salvation through anyone else, nor is there any other name under heaven given to the human race by which we are to be saved.” (Acts 4:11-12)

The stone rejected by the builders has become the cornerstone. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes. I will give thanks to you, for you have answered me and have been my Savior. I will give thanks to you, for you have answered me and have been my Savior. (Psalm 118:22, 8-9, 21, 28)

Beloved, we are God’s children now. (1 John 3:2)

This is why the Father loves me because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. (John 10:11)

Piety 

“Standing on the Promises of Christ, My King”

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,

Through eternal ages let His praises ring,

Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,

 Standing on the promises of God.

        Standing, standing, 

Standing on the promises of God my Savior;

Standing, standing,

I’m standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises, I shall not fall,

List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call.

Resting in my Savior as my All in all,

Standing on the promises of God. 

Study

Peter healed the disabled person in the name of Jesus Christ, the Nazorean crucified, whom God raised from the dead. He is the stone rejected by the builders, which has become the cornerstone. THERE IS NO SALVATION THROUGH ANYONE ELSE, NOR IS THERE ANY OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN GIVEN TO THE HUMAN RACE BY WHICH WE ARE TO BE SAVED.” Build on that firm foundation and stand on that Word!!

“It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.” To me, those verses emphasize the importance of the truth from the reading in Acts. Also, there is a confirming repetition in Psalm 118:21&28, “I will give thanks to You, for You have answered me and have been my Savior.” Lord, help me keep right on giving thanks to Jesus, for He IS my Savior! 

From 1 John, “…We are God’s children now…” Wow, God’s sons and daughters, by adoption through Jesus Christ, the Father’s Beloved Son, my Savior!!

The Gospel reminds me that Jesus IS the Good, the True Shepherd, the sheep belong to Him, and He laid down His life for ALL His flock. “This is why the Father loves me because I lay down my life in order to take it up again.” Faithfully fulfilling the Father’s will!! So, after fracturing the flow of the Scriptures, I see the connection!! Jesus IS the Way, the Truth, and the Life!!

Action

Please help me begin and end and live all day through focused on You, my Savior. Help me to give thanks to and for You all ways!! Amen & de Colores!!!

 

Image credit: Twitter post from Lawton Blandford (@rlawton58)

No comments: