Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Eyes of the Lord are Upon Me April 29

Prayer

Jesus, cross over all obstacles to reach me today so I can carry out your works of justice and mercy. When you reach me, let me accept your commands as did Stephen, Philip, and your followers chosen to serve all people. Amen.

Study
http://www.usccb.org/nab/042906.shtml

How will I act today knowing that the eyes of the Lord are upon me?

Jesus, how will you come to me today? Help me to be alert so I see you.

When will you come to me today? Will you come in the daylight so I can recognize the Body of Christ? Or like the disciples in the boat, might you come under cover of darkness making it a challenge to recognize you.

What obstacles are between us that you will cross to reach me? Not even the wide seas or the tallest mountains can stop you from seeking me out and reaching me.

What if I was one of those chosen to serve? When you get to me, how will I react? Will I see you or like those who encountered you after the Resurrection, will my recognition and epiphany happen slowly?

What emotions will I experience? Fear? Doubt? Trust? Confidence?

Action

What choices will you make today about how to spend your time, talents and treasure in ways that are just and merciful?

How will you give praise and thanks to God through the deeds you do to serve and to build his Kingdom here and now?

No comments: