- A sheep fed. “I shall not want” (verse 1).
- A child led. “He leads me beside the still waters” (verse 2).
- A backslider restored. “He restores my soul” (verse 3).
- A friend comforted. “your rod and your staff, they comfort me” (verse 4).
- A warrior feasted. “You prepare a table before me” (verse 5).
- A priest anointed. “you anoint my head” (verse 5).
- A pilgrim housed. “I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever” (verse 6).
- I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.