Saturday, June 17, 2017

“Can I Get an Amen?” by “Sam” Miller


Remember how for these forty years the LORD, your God, has directed all your journeying in the wilderness, so as to test you by affliction, to know what was in your heart: to keep his commandments, or not. Deuteronomy 8:2

“The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?  Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf. 1 Corinthians 10:16-17

“Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.  Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.”  John 6:56-57

Piety
” What he did at supper seated,
Christ ordained to be repeated,
His memorial ne'er to cease:
And his rule for guidance taking,
Bread and wine we hallow, making
Thus our sacrifice of peace.
This the truth each Christian learns,
Bread into his flesh he turns,
To his precious blood the wine:
Sight has fail'd, nor thought conceives,
But a dauntless faith believes,
Resting on a pow'r divine.
Here beneath these signs are hidden
Priceless things to sense forbidden;
Signs, not things are all we see:
Blood is poured and flesh is broken,
Yet in either wondrous token
Christ entire we know to be.
AMEN! 
(from Sequence – Lauda Sion)
                                                                                   
Study
Wow!!  Talk about a Holy, grand slam of Sundays!!!!

We celebrated the ASCENSION OF THE LORD on Sunday the 28th of May, where we, Jesus’ disciples, were told to go out and tell the whole world the Good News but to first wait ‘til receiving power “when the Holy Spirit comes upon you”.   AMEN!!!! 

The end of the Easter Season was Sunday the 4th of June, PENTECOST, when we were “blown away” by the promised reception of the power of the Holy Spirit and the Peace of Christ!!!!  We also heard … “As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ.”   AMEN!!!! 

Sunday, the 11th of June, was the celebration of the MOST HOLY TRINITY where we heard from our second reading in 2 Corinthians, “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.” SHAZAM! That’s Greeting “A” in the Order of the Mass following the blessing of ourselves “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit!!!!  AMEN!!!!   

This Sunday brings us “home” as we celebrate the MOST HOLY BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST!!!!  I believe: The Lord directs and guards my wanderings in this journey, knowing my heart!!;” Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.”; “…Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.”  AMEN!!!!   

Action
When I receive the Body & Blood of Christ at Mass today and respond with the interjection, “AMEN,” I’ll be saying: “It is so!”  “So be it!”, expressing solemn ratification or agreement!!!!   AMEN!!!!

(Just so you know: This Pentecost was particularly special to Wayne & Sam because we were lectors for Mass and renewed our vows following Mass on our 50th Wedding Anniversary!!)


HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO ALL YOU DADS!!!!!!

No comments: