Saturday, February 02, 2019

“Love Never Fails” by Phil Russell

“Love Never Fails” by Phil Russell


Piety
The word of the LORD came to me, saying: Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born, I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you. Jeremiah 1:4-5

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, it is not pompous, It is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

When the people in the synagogue heard this, they were all filled with fury. They rose up, drove him out of the town, and led him to the brow of the hill on which their town had been built, to hurl him down headlong. But Jesus passed through the midst of them and went away. Luke 4: -30

Study
My parents we married 70 years ago, this past January 17 (1949).

As I thought about that “Anniversary” date just a few weeks ago, I realized that early in February of that same year I was conceived. As I ponder, “turning” 70 this coming November, I realize in reading these Scriptures that: “before I was formed in my Mother’s womb - “God knew me.”   ((Powerful))

And as a mere “wrinkle in Time,” now I’m 70. 

As the words to an old song on my Jukebox goes, “What’s it all about Alfie? Is it just for the moment we live?”

The Passage of Saint Paul: “The greatest of these is LOVE.” It’s so much greater than saving or sharing just at Weddings (though so applicable).

it’s about “living” - every moment of every day “LOVE Never fails.” “God never fails.”

JESUS says “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” Just through hearing, we know God knows us and loves us even before we know God and love God.

Action
Pray today’s Psalm in your own words from a heart full of Thanksgiving, knowing full well that “before you were formed in your Mother’s womb; I KNEW YOU.”

“LOVE NEVER FAILS.”

“LOVE (OF GOD) NEVER FAILS.” 

“GOD NEVER FAILS.”

No comments: