Monday, April 01, 2013

Fill Me with Joy



Fill Me with Joy

April 1, 2013
Monday in the Octave of Easter

I saw the Lord ever before me, with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.  Therefore my heart has been glad and my tongue has exulted; my flesh, too, will dwell in hope, because you will not abandon my soul to the nether world, nor will you suffer your holy one to see corruption.  You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.  Acts 2:25-28

You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever.  Psalm 16:11

Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce the news to his disciples.  And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them.  They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage.  Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid.  Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”  Matthew 28:8-10

Piety

You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands and all will understand.
You shall see the face of God and live.
Be not afraid.  I go before you always.
Come follow me, and I will give you rest. (John Michael Talbot)

Study

The path of life goes through death.  The ONLY way to conquer that path is through Christ.  Jesus knows this…that is probably why he prayed in the Garden for the cup to pass him by if possible. He knew his mission would not be possible and successful without this ultimate sacrifice.

Maybe that is also why he so often used the refrain, "Do not be afraid."  That command is issued by Jesus and the prophets dozens of times.  Jesus knows that we need reassurance to get started on this journey with Him.

Action

The Monday after Easter is an important occasion in Italy's eventful calendar. On Pasquetta, or "little Easter," Italians pack up their holiday leftovers and venture to the country or beach to eat in the warm Spring air with their families. Just like every Sunday throughout "ordinary time" is a little Easter, today can be an extension of Easter for you, your family and friends.  The idea here is to keep the spirit of Easter alive throughout the season and throughout the year.  How can you extend Easter throughout your family traditions?

No comments: